Now that you know you’re eligible for a VA Loan and one step closer to owning a home, it’s time to review how you go about applying for this loan. The entire process takes somewhere between 90 – 120 days from most lenders, only applicable if you’re under contract on a home. At the Hero Loan we get it done in 30 days…and sometimes as little as 14! It is worth noting that every buyer’s situation is different, and a one-size-fits-all answer isn’t truthful in this scenario.
Generally, there are 4-steps required in the VA Loan eligibility process:
- Do your VA Loan homework (review the information above)
- Contact a VA-approved lender to start the application
- Obtain your COE (through a lender, or by yourself)
- Supplement all necessary documentation to the lender, including:
- Tax Returns
- Recent Bank Statements
- Paystubs / Income Statements
Have questions? We are happy to help you with this VA Loans process. Give us a call at 800-991-6494.