A Safety Net with No Strings Attached
Started in 1959, The BackStoppers provides needed financial assistance and support to the spouses and dependent children of all police officers, firefighters and volunteer firefighters, and publicly-funded paramedics and EMTs in our coverage area who have lost their lives or suffered a catastrophic injury performing their duty. The BackStoppers has assisted over 160 families since 1959.
– Eliminates the family’s debt
– Assists with tuition and educational costs from day care through university
– Covers the cost of health and dental insurance
– Reimburses for out-of-pocket medical expenses
– Assists with miscellaneous extraordinary expenses
– Provides financial counseling
Make an Impact
In 2016, The BackStoppers provided $3 million in support. 90% of our budget was spent on the assistance we provide, and 10% was spent on administrative expenses. We are committed to the families we support and the donors who make our assistance possible. Your donation helps families who have lost a loved one. Each contribution helps to alleviate the burdens of families affected by tragedy. Thank you for your support of our mission!